Saturday, February 28, 2009

The immortal greatness of Klymaxx

If anyone can listen to the 1985 classic "Meeting in the Ladies' Room" with a completely straight face, that person and I probably don't have anything in common. How can you not admire lyrics like these:

(contemptuously, sotto voce:)"I had to leave my condo to come to _this_?

Well, I’m back, but this time I’m with my man
And these women are puttin’ their hands all over his Yamamoto Kanzai sweater
that I bought
And I’m much, much unhappy about that
I’d hate to come down to their level and become a BW
A basic woman
But if they don’t stop it’s gonna get scandalous"

The gorgeously low-budget original video can be seen HERE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6A4LbAZ0pg

About which: Am I the only person who thought that guy was chained to a toilet at first? (Seriously, he is in the LADIE'S ROOM after all.) And, is he having a seizure?

God I miss the eighties sometimes. Sometimes you read BS about how the eighties fashions are coming back but one look at this video and you can see, yeah, we're a long way from THAT being true.